WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday October 1st

It's 10am and I am sitting by the fireplace trying to shake the chill off of 47 degrees! Today's temperatures are supposed to rise to upper 60's. So that I am productive (i.e. Not Facebooking), I am watching Dennis Perrin's video of him painting sorbet peonies at the front of his house in Maine. The breeze, wind chimes, and birds make me ache for spring and early summer again. I'm a little disconcerted thinking that those seasons are limited in my life now. Each one is precious, as is the this fall. Now I am onto a second video of an outside still life setting of peonies. Dennis & his wife need to learn better videoing techniques. The sound of traffic & the cracklings of the microphone is distracting. Some of of the video is out of focus making it difficult to see the colors. But still, I learn so much by watching his painting style. I bought his recommended paint line and brushes. I need to get those brushes wet!!

Ahh .... housework, packing, and Halloween decorating got in the way of painting once again. I did finish a few of Dennis's videos even though the quality of his homemade ones are very annoying. 

Tomorrow's work trip is to Albuquerque, NM. This should be interesting as we need to prep 2 domains. Bouncing back & forth will be distracting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment