The places Phil takes me to! This year’s free streets event took us from old city through Northern Liberties to West Kensington. Gritty old poor areas of Philly I would not want to drive through, bit it was fun to ride through such varied ethnic neighborhoods. It was fun!
After that 7 mile loop, we rode to South Philly and had a cheesesteak at Pat’s Steaks. It was horrible! I really suffered heartburn and I think gall bladder discomfort. Two sandwiches, 1 FF, 1 water, 1 soda equaled $35. What a rip off! We tried to shop at the Italian Market but it was so cheesy that I wanted to go to Trenton instead. I never thought I would write that! One of the first stores we passed was selling live chickens out of cages stacked up to the ceiling on one wall. Yuck!
Phil gave me an option to ride the Delaware or Schuylkill River. I thought the Delaware would be interesting for a change. We rode along the waterfront towards the Walt Whitman bridge. What a waste of river front property. It is overgrown and trashed. Sad. Then we headed to Performance Cycling and then back up Front St. back to where the car was parked. Good day out doors!
Finally, we did the market shopping and visited the hardware store. Those guys are so funny and they made my day.
And to top off the day, Marie is going to come with me to France! I am so excited, we should have a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment