It’s 0630 and I am heading to the airport bright and early to head to Mobile, AL, which I dread. This will be the second week of support and I’ve heard it has been very bumpy. Oh well, I will do what I can, but I am worried about my back. I packed light with my scrubs and lab coat. We shall see how things go—bright & early tomorrow as I must report at 0600.
Oops . . . I do not function well when I get up at 0430. I just spilled my tea all over some guys seat! Shoot. He was pretty understanding but commented “that’s why I don’t bring coffee on board!” Pardon me! Thank goodness it was leather & easily cleaned up. For first class, the seats are close together and my roller computer bag barely fit. Things get tighter and tighter. And now we wait for a gate agent to open the plane door. Jeeze!
Wow! Charlotte airport is a mess! The ceilings are all being replaced and the carpet makes it impossible to roll my suitcase stacked with my computer bag. Uphill. Moving sidewalks aren’t working. Just a nightmare for those with tight connections. I’ll keep that in mind when booking trips for the next year. Terminal E is horrid similar to terminal F in PHL. American Eagle is awful too.
Here I Mobile, which is very southern but I do love the style of architecture. The hospital is in the middle of a ghetto, not the nicest area. I can’t wait until this assignment is over. I did have a decent dinner at the bar next door to the hotel—crab cakes, salad, and Fench fries. I treated myself to the bread pudding it was really great.
Recently, I have had Christopher on my mind so I texted him. He sounds good but only taking one class this semester, which is really bettter than none. I invited him to the bike ride but did not hear back from him.
No comments:
Post a Comment