WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday Fun Day at Home - Paying Bills

Last night I fell asleep very early after dinner then was wide awake at midnight. Phil tried to get me to bed art a decent hour but I was not sleepy. Finally, I put some ephemera into my art journal. That is so cool but my ink drawings are screaming for color. This afternoon I think I will pack and then try to put some colors in. 

Phil and I want to head to the movies this afternoon. Victoria and Abdul gets a 4.5 rating and I have wanted to see it for weeks. I love Judy Dench!  He is a bit frustrated because AIT is going live with Capacity Management tomorrow and he needs to log in and troubleshoot something. Lots of out loud thoughts have been shared the last hour or so!

Bills are all paid and there is plenty of money left in my checking account. Wow - this is the first time I have ever felt really comfortable financially. My four-year Cernerversity was last week and I have saved almost a quarter of everything else in my retirement accounts. Almost a 100,000. That is crazy! Cerner has really provided me many more financial opportunities than any other employer. I received a 4% raise and I upped my retirement contribution by 3%. Now the goal is to stay until I am 66 years old and draw from my retirement until I am 70. Then I will receive the max from SS. I also created an account online so that I can track any activity on my SS account. My credit score is 840 and right now the  only debt I have is my mortgage with Phil. I pay him 1000 a month. My next goals for this year are to put a freeze on anyone opening a credit card in my name or with my SS#. And to get a will drawn up. 

Now to go pack for the dreaded conversion in Mobile, AL! Then put some color into my journal! I managed to paste all the stickers & stubs into my journals and it makes me happy. I did not get a chance to pull out the watercolors though, so I packed them for AL. 

So I think Phil sort of proposed to me tonight! He somehow researched marriage in PA and he is interested in how the Quakers do it. They use an illuminated contract that all the attendees sign, which is considered a legal document. I like the idea! We need to take care of each other until we die. He still gives me butterflies in my stomach. I really feel loved by this man.

He took me to see Quaker Oaths and it was an adorable love story. We stayed after the social showing at the Newtown Theatre to listen to the director/writer discuss making of the movie. She made the movie for less than $50,000 and had 13 of her cousins in the cast. It was priceless!!  

A momentous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment