WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Monday, October 2, 2017

Heading to Albuquerque!

Starting the journey to Albuquerque via Dallas. We I’ll be hosting the client at the convention center. This should prove interesting. I will be presenting future state review without the systems integrating. Shaking my head here. 

Starting Friday the balloon festival kicks off. Hotel rates have skyrocketed; unfortunately, I will be leaving right before the madness. I am a little disappointed because this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. What is a plus is I was assigned to rent a car so I will at least be able to explore a bit and maybe see some of the early shenanigans. 

Taking off from Philadelphia international airport gives me a unique office window to the world. Here is a photo of the Delaware River which I noticed a few oil slick booms in place. Pollution of this planet is so apparent even from 30,000 feet in the air. 


During my flight and after my nap, I started reading a book on my Kindle app about art journaling. I had an aha moment—create a color journal with all the various mediums that I have. I could add in additional surfaces and papers for testing pigments. 

While in Albuquerque I would like to hit up an art supply store. I would like to add a white colored pencil to my sketch supplies. To make it easier to have everything one one place, I need to grab the little purse with the art supplies on it for a quick grab & go sketching set. I managed to do two head sketches—very quick on the airplane. I can do it!

So when in New Mexico—get Mexican for dinner! Chicken fajitas! We shall see if it is good. I found this little place near the hotel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment