Long week! Last night I moved into a new office sharing space with two other teammates. The clinical analyst job has not panned out - I am told it is not a dead issue, but they want me to lead a big project for maternal child health. I am told I would still be able to learn the build skills that I want for my career development. To me, these skills are invaluable as an informaticist.
This time of year is the return of the student nurses for their computer training. I incorporated the polling feature of the WebEx.My questions were harder than I expected for the students. They really struggled to find information. For the second class, I needed to provide some hints and some clues as how to navigate a web page using the control key + F to find key words. The majority did not finish the poll and I have to check the results to see if anyone got all the right answers. The survey I provided for the students to fill out at the end of the class actually was very good. I even received a few comments that they enjoyed the class.
Using the polling feature in WebEx is a great skill to use when conducting an online class. I love learning how to use the electronic tools we have to improve how we train.
No comments:
Post a Comment