WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wow - 2 months have gone by and have they been crazy busy. Especially the last couple - I am on the roller coaster for implementing the new Cerner solution called PowerChart maternity. The maternal child health department (MCH) will be going to the EMR in the beginning of October. My current busy work for this project is to compare what we have already built in our system with the new maternity content Cerner offers. This involves searching a huge data base and highlighting line items in different colors so that the analysts can build the content in our computer domains. 

The week of training for this project in Kansas City was very intense because I attended my sister's wedding in Dallas the weekend before. Getting up at 0400 is not my idea of a picnic! But everyone was in the same boat. 

In the creative realm, I have continued to learn so many new things related to using the graphic arts capability of PowerPoint. I purchased a program called Camtasia Studio which is fantastic for editing video. This software is so much easier to use than Adobe. I am getting down a pretty good process for formatting simple 2-4 minute job aides. Now I just need to find the time to complete my web pages for the staff to use for job aides.  


Last month I found a graphic artist, John McWade, who publishes an online and paper magazine called Before and After. He shares his design principles just like Bob Ross did on TV for painters. He is the Bob Ross of the print world! His videos are minimalist and project a clear purpose. I want to be like him when I grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment