WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Friday, November 11, 2011

Unfortunately, many days have gone by and it looks like my practicum has fallen apart. One, my mentor has not replied to a couple of my emails and second, I applied for another job. If I get the position as a clinical analyst, I will not be able to continue doing my learning agreement. This is probably the worst snag I have ever come across in my schooling. The only exception to that statement is when my dad passed away during statistics.May be I am exaggerating . . . I hope so.

I am excited about making a change though . . . my potential new boss mentioned that there is a person from a competing hospital that is going to be interviewed as well. Acquiring analyst build skills will make a huge difference in my resume and potential for becoming a consultant or working for Cerner. I only have 10 years left in my earning career. I need to do as much as possible to make the most money for the end of my working career.I would like to pay off my house.

School this week was a total confusion in doing a debate between two learning teams. The directions were all over the place, way too many posts!  I am behind by 100 posts - never have I been so behind! At least I met my obligations, but this was chaos.

This weekend I must create a PPT on a cultural assessment on a family. On Tuesday, I interviewed an Indian couple from the state of Gujarat. I learned so much from them! Wow, I wish American families were more influenced by their cultural values. 

Somewhere along the line, I found that ACCC is holding a 4 session class on Adobe Flash. I went ahead and bought the master collection so that I can actually create anything whether in print or on the web. This should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment