Oh boy, I woke up with severe right eye pain at about 4 in the morning. I was able to get relief if my eyes were closed, so I went back to sleep. When I woke up, it was so red and painful that I took Motrin right away. As soon as I got to work, I called my optometrist office to see if I could get in to see the ophthalmologist - they had me come in right away. The doctor, who was very nice, put in numbing drops and told me that I have an infiltrated infection of the cornea, so uncomfortable and light sensitive. He feels I need to put strong antibiotic drops in my eye 4x a day for 2 weeks. Then I will need to use a low dose antibiotic drop for 2 months . . . this is a nasty chronic non-contagious eye infection. What fun . . .
Once I finished with the eye doctor, I stopped by AC Moore to pick up some carving tools for pumpkins for next year. I gathered up a nice selection of ribbon scrapers and xacto knives for more intricate designs. I might try carving a squash or a small pumpkin - maybe an apple! Hmm . . . that would be interesting.
Back at work, I received a call that a patient disappeared from the chalkboard. It seems that whenever anyone does a change or any update in STAR to an actively admitted observation patient, they get kicked out of the system back into the undelivered hold section. I had to ask our interface guy (long story there) to tell me what the transactions meant. Between him and the registration analyst, this is how I discovered what happened. I reached out to the interface guy at GE to see what is up with this.
One of the corporate educators stopped by and shared some angst she has been having with her office mates. That stinks but I can relate. I struggle at times with the same issues. She taught a class I had attended on Tuesday that did not seem to meet my expectations and she wanted to rectify that, but I understand the issues surrounding the residents concerns (see previous post). She just wanted a sympathetic ear.
By the end of this conversation, my eye was tearing and really hurting. I emailed my boss to tell her I was heading out to pick up my RX and would work later in the day once the eye pain stopped. It was not until about an hour ago that it subsided - 9:30 PM.
No comments:
Post a Comment