WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Finally, our fix is installed on the GE fetal monitoring system and . . . we wait . . . of course, no observation patients have been admitted so far. Figures, as we are all checking and rechecking to see if it worked. I did my phone calling this morning to give a head's up to the staff about the change and they are to reach out to the help desk if the patient does not cross over into the correct bed. Non-stress test patients (since they changed the process) do not get picked up by the interface - it will remain a manual process. The only issue is if an NST is going to be admitted as an observation or admission, the patient needs to be put back into undelivered hold to be picked up correctly by the registration interface. This keeps the patient connected with the system no matter where they become admitted or transferred.

As for school, I must digest all the instructions for the project due on Sunday. We need to conduct a debate on how the environment positively affects a family's structure and function. This should prove interesting.

Creatively speaking, I received an blog update from Thom Khulman and he describes his mini training job aides as coursels. I think a more appropriate name is "info-morsels." This is copyrighted (by me) and I can already see little candies graphic links taking people to their appropriate training guide. He also stresses how important it is to develop training courses that are not automatic. The end user should drive the speed of the presentation. I agree and will try to start doing that. 

Update after class: Tonight I had to teach a class on the electronic medication reconciliation process - four people were originally signed up, one dropped the class and only two people showed. At least they were grateful because they learned some tips and tricks. I helped them customize their computer settings and create favorites to save them time . . . the ED nurse even said that it was worth the 45-minute ride to create her own PowerPlan. That made it worth it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment