Finally, I am nearing the end of my journey (approximately 30 classes since 2005) to obtain my masters in nursing informatics from the University of Phoenix. Part of the requirement is to complete a practicum and I want to record my progress with this assignment. I just finished the initial 3 week course; my instructor was the same one that I had for a class in my BSN journey. She received her DNP in the interim - it is amazing how an education is built over time and with defined goals. That is exactly what I need to do for my project.
My project is to investigate a method to improve how to deliver education to nursing students on how to navigate the electronic medical record (EMR) and use the embedded tools. I want to use a more innovative approach to supplement the education we currently provide. I will use a blended method of e-learning plus classroom time to teach basic functionality (scheduled time in the PC lab to practice).
As I progress over this 6-9 month project, I will report in to an APN who also works in our critical care unit as well as teach nursing students. She is an awesome teacher and I am so glad she will work with me this year. When I am ready to submit my project journal, I will attend Part B of the course for the final 2 weeks of this capstone course.
So, my first week of work is to conduct a literature review and I need to get started. Once I have created an annotated bibliography, I will schedule time to discuss the findings with my mentor.
No comments:
Post a Comment