WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today was a very long day . . . we started at 0645 on the OB unit doing a central monitoring update. Bringing the system down and pushing out the update was the easy part. The portable monitors proved challenging because of the various settings that seem to become fouled whenever the PC needs a break/fix repair. The ADT (Admission/Discharge/Transfer) interface also stopped working. The vendor needed to adjust a script on their side (the receiving end) and this took all day. About 4 PM, the system was completely up and functioning as designed. 

Of course I did not sleep well in anticipation of all this. Once I got home, I needed to organize all my screenshots of the system validation testing and submit this document along with the email trail of issues we encountered. This turned into a 20-page document. Once I sent this into the clinical analyst department, I signed off the progress to my boss. 

With the clock ticking past 6:00 PM, I checked into my next class at U of Phx - Dynamics of Family Systems. I met the requirements for day one and then worked on my practicum. I read two articles tonight and updated the annotated bibliography (1 hour). Now, I am making sure I blog my progress, as this will be so beneficial to meeting my timeline and keeping track of my time.

If I can stay awake, I will start my weekly discussion questions for my class, one is due on Thursday. Tomorrow night I must carve a pumpkin for a contest at work . . . got to have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment