WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Thursday, October 27, 2011

I will start tonight with yesterday's doings. We discovered that parts of the interface to our central fetal monitoring are not working correctly. Admitted patients pick up the patient correctly and admit the patient to the correct room. Outpatients, however, do not get picked up. The staff must manually do this and this leaves lots of room for error. What a challenge to get all the right people to the table to figure this out. The engineer from our organization is on vacation. The interface specialist from the vendor is on vacation. It looks like we will not be able to get everyone together until Monday afternoon. 


Today, was our department's Halloween extravaganza. It was really fun and our team did a great job. I spent hours last night and this morning carving a pumpkin. Next year, I will opt for a more simple design as it shows better in daylight. Here is a warning - fog machines do trigger the fire alarm and the firemen will come. We have some photos as proof!

Tonight, I needed to participate in my family dynamics class. The requirements are to post my answer to the discussion question and respond to at least two discussions. I also got a jump on tomorrow's responses; I can save them as drafts and post tomorrow to receive attendance credit. Saturday the second discussion question is due. Monday, I have  a 1000-word paper due on family values. This is not my favorite topic but I will need to pull out the creativity in order to make it more interesting.  

I am going to read another article to keep working on my annotated bibliography - at least get in a half hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment