As a member of our IT
department's fledgling innovation team, I watch for interesting ideas that can
be modeled into the health care arena. Analogous thinking produces innovative
uses from one industry to another.
Today on MSNBC, there is an article (right click on links and choose Open
in New Tab or Open in New Window) about how many parents research a child's
illness prior to going to an ED. I feel new employees or student nurses can
apply this increasingly common research technique, as they need to learn on the
fly, and who will be doing their clinical rotations at our organization. I want
to create and provide those very important resources for their review before
AND after orientation. People that possess a certain level of curiosity want to
investigate unknown variables prior to exposure to stressful situations.
Knowing information ahead of time reduces the stress of new experiences.
Making analogies for understanding new concepts is what I want to inspire
in our new student nurses.
Also, I plan to use Dropbox
to share my practicum progress with my mentor. As I update the folder on my
computer, it automatically updates in Dropbox and notifies my mentor with
sharing rights that she has a new file to review. This great and free
application is simple to use when sharing files. It removes multiple steps when
sending files or folders for people to review.
This past week, I spent a significant amount of time exploring Tom Kuhlman's blog
on elearning. What a great guy and I love his very helpful tips. More
importantly - I love his name! I wonder if it is his stage name? Hmm . .
.
So, I "waste" time
each day exploring certain subjects that provide me with creative ideas that
hopefully, will lead to innovative ideas, too. I explored an artist's website
today - Peter Fiore - and found a week-long seminar he is teaching next
summer in the Hudson River Valley.His color use is phenomenal. I am really excited about this, as he
teaches oil painting based on “plein air photography” with studio painting.
Oils are his medium and he uses anything for a paintbrush including palette knives. This
artistic quest forces me to open myself to new ways of analyzing any detail . .
. and see objects in a different light or to consider the complementary side, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment