WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Sunday, October 30, 2011

It is now a little after midnight and what a crazy weather day - trick & sleet day! Ice pelting the windows tonight while I cooked dinner. That was the extent of my artistic pursuits today - marinated salmon and with brown rice pilaf from scratch. Delicious and healthy. Later today, I should cook something that takes time - something in the crock pot maybe . . . pork & sauerkraut would be good on such a cold and windy weekend.

As for schoolwork, I spent the entire day on the computer working on my class deliverables and researching the family values paper that is due on Monday. I still need to write it, but the basics are done. I worked on a couple journal articles and our textbook to come up with the essence of my paper. Family health does impact society and across the world certain familial characteristics are found to be universal. Change theory, which is something we use at work in the nursing informatics world, also applies to families. Targeting the entire family for education effects change more rapidly than trying to educate only one person in the family. 

The learning team that I am assigned to is an alpha group for sure. I prefer it that way and all four of us are go-getters. One member is a bit too much as she is jumping the gun and not allowing the team to weigh in. I emailed the team my concerns and asked that we all have an opportunity to voice our opinion before anything is posted as a group assignment. Gratefully, one teammate responded immediately and agreed with me. I am not afraid to call people to the carpet and voice my opinion. 

A few weeks have passed since I lurked on the Delphi travel nurse message board and found a good post on Dr. Watson, an IBM physician online resource. There are some excellent articles about this application. Check them out - Dr. Watson even went up against the biggest Jeopardy champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment