It is past noon and I am supposed to be writing a paper on an interview that I conducted last week with one of our nursing leaders. I have all the reading and research done - I just need to write it. Why is it that when I have something due - such as 1700 word paper - I am consumed with creative ideas. Here are a few that my mind has been tossing around. After the show last night, I looked at the one very big - not quite finished basket - and came up with a copper background and then I want to paint a white shell and a blueberry. Maybe throw another marble in it to keep it working with my theme.
Also, I really, really need to do some colored pencil drawings of my fruit series. I think they will sell and would have a quicker tun around time. My inspiration is the color wheel and I want to do a fruit for each of the colors of the color wheel - on a square. I want to work with mason board and oils, too.
Back to last night, I loved seeing the young people at the beginning stages of their art journey. I love their abandon. That inspires me so much . . . and on the flip side of the spectrum, I had a women at least a generation older than me speak to me about my baskets and artwork. I could tell she is an art connoisseur and I really value her opinion. Is it because she had such style and grace? Why is it that children and older people that appreciate my art make me the happiest? Is it because they have less filters than people my age? Why am I so cautious with my art? With myself?
Maybe this exposure will get me out of my shell . . . I need to find a more public space to create. Or will I ever learn to create when I am alone and in peace?
No comments:
Post a Comment