Awesome things I learned today! Between watching Adobe's how-to and some You Tube videos on Captivate, I am really learning how to manipulate PPT and Captivate. I found out PPT has a tool to remove backgrounds so that I can isolate subjects - way cool!! I can take any picture and pull out pieces to make them work as I need it. Also, I learned how to fade edges to blend and stitch images together.
I stumbled onto website of a hospital that has a published how-to Captivate type elearning module that is 75 minutes long. What I found amazing is that the person who created it used the live Production system to record the training module and there seem to be real patient's information displayed in the video! Wow - this is probably a HIPAA violation. When making training materials,
a designer must be cognizant of protecting a patient's private
information as well as all proprietary customizations to the EMR. But, I liked the format of this module and would love to be able to publish this to our intranet. Come to think of it, I should probably ask permission from marketing to have it published on the intranet so that it is easy to access from both the intranet and our EMR. Our portal modules are so limited in size and accessibility. Time today 1 hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment