WELCOME!

Originally, this was tracking my progress to complete my master's in nursing program. I am now done and I want to track my artistic journey, so this will be my portfolio of sorts, blending my art and nursing together!


Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Art Journey 2017

Last week I bought Dennis Perrin's painting the flower portrait online class. His style is beautiful, especially his roses. I researched him online as much as I could find and I discovered an old video on Vimeo that explains his basic steps to begin a painting. It is a simple teapot and this was a good foundation, but I want the detail he does in the final stages of his paintings. 

So, the first step of his course is to form my intentions for this course. 

Intention: to reach the level of detail to finish a complex still life and love it enough to sell it. 

I enjoy reading everyone's comments and seeing the photos of their attempts at Dennis's process. Some are better than others but I do not see myself sharing my attempts. I think I will attempt it on oil paper. I won't be so invested . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment